Monday, June 2, 2008

Hog Heaven

Why go to Disneyland when you can....


...dig a hole?

We bought a peach tree and were planning to plant it when Aaron discovered that we were short a tree stake. And when living in a place where the wind can blow at hurricance strength, tree stakes are necessary. So the tree planting has been delayed. But, Chloe and Ryder had the best time putting their feet in the hole and then covering up their toes with the dirt.




They played for over an hour in this hole. Of course, we did need to squash the desire to throw the dirt into the air. We are really not ready to deal with a scratched cornea.



Aaron then asked, "So are you going to give them a bath tonight?" "Do you think they need one?" "Um, yeah Lyndsey, we're not in Georgia." You know I really don't remember running around as a kid with dirt smeared all over my body. In fact, my skin is dirt repellant. I did, however, on occasion have dirt under my fangernails, I mean fingernails. Anyways, after the bath and the teethbrushing, we tucked them into bed and they were sleeping in about 4.2 seconds. This morning the first question Chloe asked was if they could play in the hole again.

4 comments:

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

Hey guys, I realize that this is incredibly hard to read. But I can't change the font color now that I have posted. It won't happen again, sorry!

The Miller Clan said...

How cute! sometimes dirt can be the best toy...and oh so cheap!
J

Ann Hermanson said...

Back in the old, old days my greatest
day was spent digging a hole to China in my backyard! Not kidding!! I even believed that eventually I would get there, and then my sister and brother could drop down the hole with me for a grand day of sightseeing!

Begin to Breathe said...

Gotta love dirt! I know my kids think it's great. I definitely think it's a good idea to draw straws to see who gives the kids a bath after an adventure like that!
Love your blog...
Jessica (Jana's house)