Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Has it been a month already???

Okay, okay, I must admit that Facebook has taken over my life therefore I have not done much with this blog. My apologies. So last weekend, we went camping with Aaron's brother and his family in Idyllwild. I was kind a dreading it at first because I'm not a roughin' it kind of gal and we were going to be there for TWO WHOLE NIGHTS! But let me tell ya, it was great. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins, it was not bone cold at night, and the bathrooms were not bad at all! Plus, the campground was close enough to town that we could walk to the townsquare.

J.J. brought some excellent toys to play with and so both were thoroughly entertained.

And of course, Barbie tagged along.

Then Aaron took the kids on an adventurous hike.

....a mid-afternoon snack.




Some things that were not captured on film that I wish had been:

1. Anna crashing her bike into a manzanita tree. Not funny then of course.
2. Katie taking an awesome tumble then getting up (without crying) with pine needles sticking out of her hair.
3. Anna and Chloe complaining that the squirrels were "laughing at them." Tattle-telling knows no bounds.

3 comments:

rose said...

YAY!!! look it's ALLL fixed! and it ONLY took a month...
i love the pic of Chloe totally immersed in her sno-cone. must have been such a treat for your deprived kids.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!

Angie Hermanson said...

This was such a fun trip! I didn't think it would be as fun as it was- we still had the kids. It was great seeing the cousins playing together. Can't wait to do it again. What's Eden's first visit after school starts?