Monday, April 28, 2008

It seems that I can't keep a promise

Well, at least about buying plants. About three plant shopping trips ago, Aaron asked me to hold off on buying anymore until I got the hang of taking care of the ones we had. Now he is begging me. It all began when I decided that I was going to have a vegetable garden. The idea that we would have tomatoes, green bell peppers, strawberries, peas, zucchini, and spinach was just too exciting. I would never have to buy produce again! I would overcome high food prices! Which would enable me to buy more of things I don't need, like shirts and shoes. Well maybe shoes, I need more of those. Unfortunately, if I were being graded on my success of my vegetable garden, I would get a big, fat "F." What is so darn hard about growing food? On the other hand, I have the beginnings of a small flower garden on my back patio. This has become my downfall at Home Depot and Walmart. Now, I can't buy the things I don't need, like shirts and shoes, because my budget is being eaten up by gardenias, lavender, honeysuckle and hybiscus. That plus I still have to buy my produce at outrageously high prices.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So let me get this straight. You're now blogging on blogspot.com instead of Myspace? Help me understand the meaningful difference, as Myspace allows the same type of blogging.