Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let's Catch Up


Okay, I have a ton of stuff to share today. Let's begin!

Chloe's Christmas Program

This year Chloe was picked to be "Mary" in her preschool Christmas program. She was very excited at first then I think she became very nervous about it and did not want to do it. Then I bought her a new dress to wear to the program and she changed her mind.




Here she is before the performance.


Chloe's friend, Jacob, was "Joseph" which worked out perfect because now I have a picture of them to show at their wedding. At this time we are negotiating the final details of that event.





And what did Ryder think of all this? Not much apparently.



Snow Day, Yucca style

Every year our town trucks in tons of snow for the kids to play in. The last year we went the kids hated it. Ryder got clocked in the face with a killer snowball and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the day. But this year, they had a blast!









PetSmart

On Sunday, we were running some errands in the low desert and we stopped at PetSmart. The kids got to hold a very cuddly Chinchilla.




Monday, Winter Storm Part 1

On Monday, the first part of the winter storm came through. At our house, however, it was just raining and occasionally some snow flakes. The kids still insisted on going outside.





Thankfully, my friend, Denise, invited to come to her home where they were getting lots of snow. I packed up the kids and drove in the snow probably for the first time in 7 years. Scary!

The Griffiths

Here are the kids building their first snowman. I'm glad someone had some snowman building skills because the one I built looked more like a volcano.







Wednesday, Today, Winter Storm Part 2
And Today, look!





It has been snowing for the last 6 hours. I have more pictures and video which I will post later. But right now, we are going to go play outside!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow! How much snow did you get today? Our house must be buried!

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

no less than 6 inches by 12 pm! It's crazy...I have loads more pics to upload later.

viking said...

75 and partly cloudy here...sigh. :-/
Dad

Eden said...

thats so cool! I love the pictures! looks like I wont be able to escape the cold weather when I come down there.... We had a huge storm yesterday! It is absolutely freezing! Cant wait to see you all! love you!

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

2:45 pm-still snowingand windy. Aaron measured 8 inches of snow on top of the car!

Anonymous said...

First of all you know that I am EXTREMLY jealous that you are getting to play in the snow, but I have to say that the snow man was perfect. And I really like the pictures of Chloe as Mary, she may be the next Meg Ryan. Keep me updated so I can continue to be sad that all there is has been rain down here. Off to start the Christmas Cookies! Love you guys!

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

4:22pm-still snowing! Maybe a foot deep by now!