Monday, September 8, 2008

Random Updates

First of all, last week Chloe started pre-kindergarden. She has been attending the same preschool for 1 1/2 years now so it wasn't such a big deal for her. She still only going 2 days a week for 4 hours a day but it is a great break for me. Plus, Ryder really misses her and they end up playing together much better throughout the week.



Getting lined up for morning recess to get all those jiggles out. And this is where my friend Stacy and I started yelling, "Yay! It's the first day of school!" The kids didn't seem to be as excited as we were.



Then Ryder and I came home to play in his room. This is where we discovered the next American Hero. Move over Rambo.





Garden Update



Yes, my vegetable garden is still alive. But is it growing anything? Yes, but not what you think:




Yuck! Aaron picked three caterpillars off my tomato plant and the kids wanted to keep them as pets, so I put them into a container with some old spinach. The caterpillars kept Chloe and Ryder entertained for hours. I find this amazing because it is not like the caterpillars were performing gymnastics, they just crawled around. At one point, I was convinced they were dead! Chloe even named them, Genevieve, Popeye and Fuzzy. However, after 24 hours of living in the house, Mama could not take having those "grody to the max" creatures in the house. They were released into the wild during nap time. I just explained that the caterpillars were much happier being outside and the kids seemed to be okay with this explanation.

Okay, I think we are updated now.



6 comments:

The Miller Clan said...

Okay, so I am SUPER behind on reading blogs! Sorry! Looks like things have been exciting in your neck of the woods! I haven't even had a moment on my computer and our internet isn't working right, so I can't sit in front of the TV and type anymore...bummer!
J

viking said...

Andrew Zimmern scarfed some of those critters on his tv show a couple of weeks ago... sauteed they were ... yum.

Chloe's hair cut is really cute. Tell her I said so. :-)
Papa Bob

Anonymous said...

Ok Lyndsey, those catepillars are pretty gross. I cannot belive how big they are!!! I didn't think they could be that big out here, it must be all that organic fertilizer...

Our Three Peas said...

Whoa! Tha is the biggest catterpillar I have ever seen!! Looks like you all grow them big! Love all the updates...hope you are having a great week!

Ash :)

Ann Hermanson said...

Give Chloe a big hug from me! She looked absolutely darling for her first day of school! Tell Ryder that I think good old steadfast Gumby looks great in a jeep. There's no getting rid of Gumby; I think he makes the world a better place!

Jeff and Christy said...

Wow! They're growing up fast!! Chloe is soooo cute!!