Sunday, July 20, 2008

Random thought

Yesterday I sat and watched as Chloe colored. The happiness and pure peace I felt by just watching her face is difficult for me to describe. Such a simple act. It occurred to me that there are probably countless moments throughout the day that would provide us with such huge feelings of peace, but we miss them because we are mentally elsewhere dreaming of grander things that would supposedly bring us the very same peace I felt by watching her. We spend a great deal of our time chasing after money, things or events that we think will provide us with happiness. All the while if we only took the time and paid attention, we would most likely find this fulfillment in seemingly simple day to day moments. It was a subtle reminder for me that the more simple we keep life, the more complete and at peace we may be.

aaron

1 comments:

viking said...

Yeah, I guess it's called stopping to smell the coffee. Sometimes it takes an act of the will not to let the busyness of the day separate you from the things that are the most precious. Grab those moments while you can, time is short... and then... you have grandchildren. :-)
See you in October!
Rob.