Tuesday, July 15, 2008

They Really Do Listen!

Last night, Chloe, Ryder and I enjoyed eating some absolutely delicious strawberry popsicles on our front porch. I was enjoying the most magnificent sunset when I noticed the kids picking the olives off of the tree and burying in random places in the front yard. I asked Chloe what she was doing and she told me that the olives were magic beans and she and Ryder were planting them so a beanstalk would grow. Then Ryder began stomping all over the front yard saying, "Fee! Fi! Fo! Fum!" or something very similar to that. I am kind of surprised they even know this tale because I can't remember the last time I read it to them and I took their storybooks CDs away from their grasps because so many of them were getting damaged. But hey, maybe that beanstalk will grow and the goose that lays the golden egg will want to move in with us. Sorry, there are no pictures of this because we are without one right now.

Chloe is going to Vacation Bible School right now and is having the greatest time. Today she learned about Jesus healing the blind man with mud. She talked about this nonstop for about 30 minutes. Later this evening as I was washing her hair when I accidentally poured some soapy water over her face (organic, no-tears soap). She screaming quite dramatically as only she can, "I'm blind! I'm BLIND! I'M BLIND!" I knew that she was more upset about water being in her face than anything else. I asked her if she needed me to put some mud on her eyes to restore her sight. She stopped screaming, thought about it, then use the washcloth to clean her face. Which is good because I hate getting my fingers dirty.

3 comments:

The Miller Clan said...

How cute. Yeah, amazing what they do "hear!" Glad Chloe is having a good time at VBS. Our's starts next week! Talk to you soon.
J

Ann Hermanson said...

You are a comedy writer extraordinaire!!! I loved your comments! xo

aimee said...

hahaha...that is so very funny.